A pair of ear studs is every woman’s treasure. No matter what your style is, you will always find diamond ear studs a handy alternative to other kinds of earrings. Whether you like to keep it dainty or love to glam-up, these ear studs are invaluable to a woman’s collection. Here is a short guide to help you find the best pair of diamond ear studs that suit your style and pocket. Let’s begin.
There are ear studs of all shapes in the market. The preponderant ones of them are the classic round, oval, princess, emerald, trillion and Marquise. So, if you are looking for a good shape, then pick from among these.
- The round is the ultimate go-to shape that works with with everything.
- The oval too is classic, but with a gentle twist. They look bigger than their carat which makes them an economic alternative to classic cuts.
- The princess comes second in popularity and is loved for its captivating brilliance.
- After princess, emerald is the next most popular shape in squares. With a hint of the vintage Art Deco style, this one is simply gorgeous.
- If you dare to make a difference, then the trillion is a trend-setting style to pick. It looks like a triangle, but with a flair of a round cut.
- Last but not the least, the marquise is the shape to go for in studs if you are looking for a startling effect. It is the kind of studs that will get you all the attention in the world.
Setting too is an important element of the design. After the shape of the diamond, it is the next most important thing. In solitaire studs, there are only a select few settings of which the prong setting is the most common. It has 3 variations namely 4 prong, 6 prong and 8 prong. Aside from prongs, your other options are basket, cathedral and bezel.
The size is largely intertwined with the shape of the studs. Normally anything between .20 and .50ct is considered quaint and elegant. In elongated shapes like oval, stones of these carat weights appear larger than they originally are. For the classic cuts, the normal range is .80 to .95. Anything between these is good for everyday wear. Ear studs of these carat weight are both lavish and casual. Anything over 1.50ct takes the center stage effortlessly.