No two brides have the same likes and preferences, just like no two weddings have the same style and theme. So there’s no point looking for engagement rings that are boringly similar to one another in style and appearance. For all those non-traditional brides looking for unique engagement rings, the good news is that there is a plethora of options available in the market. From classic designs to colorful stone settings to mixed metal styles, there’s a lot out there to complement your one-of-a-kind image.
Here is a list of some of the popular yet unconventional engagement ring trends you can choose from:
- Colorful Diamonds: For all those independent and creative souls, a colorful diamond makes for an excellent choice. Diamonds with light tints, like pink or yellow, can make you stand out in the crowd without making too bold a statement. However, if you are actually looking for that over-the-top feeling, you can certainly opt for a cutting-edge black or chocolate diamond.
- Floral Accents: Contemporary engagement rings are thriving with themes that are plucked straight from the garden like flowers, petals, vines and more. The floral accents add a mischievous touch to the very beautiful and feminine rings.
- Colorful Gems: If you prefer a colorful center stone, diamond is not the only choice you have. Instead, you can choose from a number of other options, such as a Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald or a stone with multidimensional color like Alexandrite. While Sapphires make for an amazing alternative to pink and yellow diamonds, Rubies and Emeralds create a stunning vintage image. Again, a stone with multidimensional color creates a cool and refreshing color-change effect.
- Marquise-Cut and Pear-Shaped Diamonds: While a round-cut diamond is the most traditional and popular choice in center stone, pear-shaped and marquise-cut diamonds are regaining their fame as one of the most stylish and unique diamond cuts. Wondering what’s so special about these tapered cuts? They can give your fingers a slim and elongated look in an instant.
- Square Bands: Engagement rings with square bands not only create a sleek and classy look, but also make for a more comfortable option compared to the traditional round bands. Wondering why? Simply because the square edges do not constrict or cramp your finger.
Apart from the aforementioned options, there is an array of other styles and patterns available in the market for unique engagement rings, which includes, but is not limited to Mixed Metal Halos, Rose Gold, Three-Stone Setting, Elaborate Side Views, Marquise Accent Stones, Mixed Metal Prongs and many more.
Choose a ring that best reflects your image and the mood of the auspicious occasion – your engagement.