The styles of design set the trends in jewelry even though some elements like gemstones and precious metals remain constant. Through centuries, gold has remained to be the preferred metal for ornaments, while the styles of ornamentation have appeared and receded. The designs are profoundly influenced by time, popular tastes, cultural dominances and such factors. In 2016, like in all other years, the trends have cleaved into a certain pattern. In rings, some styles have floated up as the most favorites this year.
Here are the top 10 for you.
- Rose Gold Rings: Pink is every girl’s color, and by extension, this piece with its soft rosy tone is dear to the heart of women of all ages and colors.
- Colored Diamonds: These stones are giving their translucent cousins an elbow jab this year. Experts state that the rise of colored diamonds has hurt the sales of colorless ones by a significant margin.
- Secondary Gemstones: Gemstones like rubies, sapphires, emeralds, tanzanite and such that have remained content in the shadows of diamonds have now emerged into the forefronts. Rubies, emeralds and sapphires in particular are the eye-catchers this year.
- Square Bands: Jewelers in 2016 are daring to dash into the unknown and the square bands is only a baby step to that paradigm. Interestingly, some bands have a round inner contour and a square outer frame that conveniences the fit.
- Heritage-Inspired Rings: Vintage rings have been in the cloud for quite a few years now. Vintage-inspired rings have spun out of original antique rings, bringing to the people estate styled rings within their means.
- Floral Accents: Floral accents have ascended the heights again. Though unsure for how long, but floral accent ring designs are stimulating sales for now.
- Scrollwork Stone Settings: This design though lent from ancient scrolls is a fresh entry in the galleries. They look more organic, and have a playful feel about them which has almost no precedent.
- Side View Embellishment: Though center stones have always been the eye candy, it’s time for a little deviation from the tradition. Effects are casted on the sides of the rings to enhance the angle views.
- Double Shanks: These rings have ensnared the modern designer’s obsession with shapes in their split band bodies. Pretty as they are, this design is a specimen of the fashion-forward movement of the 21st century.
- Improvised Halos: After double halos, the designers have come up with a mix of metals and shapes to give the halos a more impressive effect.