There are few things in life which become finer with the passage of time. One such thing is vintage engagement rings for women. Vintage engagement rings radiate a beauty that transcends today’s fashion. They do rise and fall in popularity yet, they never completely go out of fashion. In fact, many of the modern designs we find in an engagement ring today, actually have had their origin centuries ago. What was in trend at that time played a big role in the creation of what is today called the vintage engagement ring. They mirror the beauty of what was once the most treasured heirloom of many a family. What makes them special is their timeless beauty, glamour and grace that will continue to shine for years to come.
Vintage engagement ring is endowed with a beauty that stands unparalleled. They are ideal for someone who wishes to opt for something different. They have a design and a charm that echoes the middle ages, the romantic Victorian eras, the Edwardian eras and the Art Deco eras. They have an instant heirloom factor which cannot be found in any other types of engagement rings.
Let us take a look at some of the top trends in vintage engagement rings:
- Colored Gemstones: Today’s vintage engagement rings feature colored gemstones, like emeralds, sapphires, rubies and others. As was prevalent in the Art Deco era, a vintage engagement ring can also be dominated by diamonds with colored gemstones accentuating the design.
- Moonstones and Opals: Coming straight from the Art Noueau era, this vintage engagement ring features semi-precious gems like a pearl, in an artistic setting. There is something mystical, something dreamy and romantic about this vintage style, which has become a favorite choice for those wishing to opt for a vintage look.
- Mixed Metal Vintage Engagement Ring: Today, we also have what was common during the Art Nouveau and Art Deco eras, the vintage engagement ring of two precious metals. They can be a blend of white gold and yellow gold or white gold and rose gold. They render a vintage look not commonly found in any contemporary engagement rings.
- Halo Vintage Engagement Rings: Engagement rings of the past spoke affluently of opulence and intricacy. The vintage halo engagement ring features a set of colored halo gemstones around a center gemstone like diamonds. Vintage halo may also feature a design in the shape of a flower which is termed as the floral halo. Modern halo engagement rings also feature French or baguette cut gemstones.
- Vintage Hexagonal or Octagonal Engagement Ring: This type of vintage engagement ring features a hexagonal or an octagonal pave diamond halo. It may or may not feature pave diamond accents on a tapered band.
Vintage engagement rings can be customized as per your choice of designs and metals. There are hundreds of unique engagement ring options available under vintage. The old mine cuts, the antique cushion cuts and the old European cuts are some of the most popular vintage cuts we have today. These vintage cuts have a unique sparkle that is subtle and warm. Vintage engagement rings is a thing of beauty forever and no other style can match up to the exquisite charm it renders.